Brawly Bollywood

Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's my third week at a Bollywood Dance class.

The first time was memorable. I kept forgetting my steps because I was concentrating on a matter most critical, which was "Don't laugh, Pari. Don't you dare laugh!"

Thoughts of performing the kinds of dance moves I see in Bollywood movies threatened to leave me in hysterics. I like the style as it is carefree and leaves a lot to self-expression rather than precision. Trouble is that my dance is as expressive as gravel.

Every lesson left me gasping for breath and my cuff muscles aching the next day, which is not bad considering I could not do those rocking, shaking and swaying. The hardest part so far was shaking my upper body to the beat without looking as if I'm having a seizure. But I'll get it somehow. Let's hope I don't have to do the neck thing so soon. There is still a dull ache on the left side of my neck from my last solo attempt.

Just for fun, here's music (right click please. I removed the player because it made explorer go crazy) of that dance sequence I'm in the process of destroying. Song's Say Na Say Na from BluffMaster the movie.

-post written by a future Bollywood comic idiot dance star.

|